Monday, November 1, 2010

A Peek at My Dad's Space at Cabot Mill Antiques

For those of you who have read this blog for a bit, you know that it us inspired by the antique shop that my parents ran for nearly 20 years in Bath, Maine and the Ebay auction site that they held for nearly as many years.

Since my Mom's passing in 2009, my Dad closed the shop in Bath, but opened a space in Brunswick Maine's Cabot Mill Antiques. He has also kept the Pollyanna's Antiques Ebay site active. On a recent visit back home to Maine, Chris and the kids and I visited my Dad's space.

Here he is with James standing in his space--surrounded by all of the antiques he loves--creels, lures, early tools, baseballs, tins, duck decoys, and early furniture.


I really love how he has displayed the creels on some branches he brought in from home. Decorating a small space like this--after having an entire shop of his own means that every inch has to be organized to tell the story in a way that is efficient.


Dad's duck decoys have always been a favorite of James'--since he could walk every time we visited home he could be found walking around the house with a decoy in his hand!


And check out the high chair! Take a look in the basket: anyone need a vintage baseball glove? I also love the floor--Cabot Mill is housed in a 15,000 square foot space in Fort Andross, which was originally a textile mill. The floor tells the story of years of labor!


My Dad makes the checkerboards from old breadboards. See, a little old, a little new, a little new and old, a little handmade and I love it all! Take a look on top of the table below, there are two pantry boxes stacked on top of one another--Dad gave me one for my birthday and I will be featuring it this coming Friday. I especially love the paint on this old table:


A close up of some of the many tins that Dad has available for sale:


If you are ever in Brunswick , Maine and want to take a look at the great antiques available at Cabot Mill, visit this link to learn more.





And if you want to take a look at Pollyanna's Antiques' Ebay store, click here. Dad has some fun items on right now:

19th Century Vegetable Ivory Thimble Holder

1842 Sewing Book "Handbook of Needlework"

Lot of Ten 1890 Victorian Calling Cards

Last week he had a beautiful antique white Fiesta-ware bowl with three red stripes on his auction. Apparently it was a sought-after piece because it sold for over $1,000!

I am happy that my Dad can keep his love of antiques alive with his space at the mill and in his Ebay auctions. And hey--his brithday is this Friday. Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback!