Monday, November 22, 2010

Tell Me Tuesday Link Party Faves and A Great Old Milk Jug

Happy Monday! What a weekend we have had! We spent last week finishing packing up the house, on Saturday we packed the moving truck (thanks to all of our friends and family that lent a hand) and Sunday we started settling in. Now Monday is here, I am sitting in our new family room next to the pellet stove writing this post!

I was so excited to have as many entries as I did in the link party last Monday--I have always felt like crafty link parties have given me great inspiration--and hosting one myself is so much fun! But before I share my three favorite entries, I wanted to share with you a great antique that we picked up in Maine a few months ago.


The shining star of the new place is a stone chimney and fireplace. (Pics of that to come) and it has a great mantle and hearth. We knew the minute that we saw this old milk jug that it would look great on the hearth!


The best part? It says "Christopher" on it, which is my husband's name!


I like the old paint on it, too, and the great wear and tear from over the years. The top is stamped "Rodar So, Cal." It was $15 bucks!


Nice little sneak peek of the stonework I gave you on the fireplace, eh?


And now to my three favorite entries from last week's party:

CoBabe in Suburbia's Coffee Filter Wreath:


I made some coffee filter peonies last summer in preparation for my daughter's Lemonade and Sunshine Social Birthday Party, and this wreath reminds me of the simplicity of the project!

Oopsey Daisy's T is for Thanksgiving Kid's Packet:

I was happy to share this link with my friends on Facebook--so many of them have young children that will be home for vacation this week, and I thought that all of the fun printables, coloring pages and food crafts would be a hit!

And finally my favorite, Pleasant Home's Scrappy Selvage Quilt:


Seriously-- I am drooling over this project! A friend just turned me on to all of the small selvage edge projects that are all over Etsy--I can't imagine the work it entails to make a selvage edge project of this size!

So thanks to everyone for participating--and if I featured you as one of my faves, please grab a Feature Button from my Buttons page.


I hope you found a new project to inspire you--and don't forget to join me tomorrow for Tell Me Tuesday!

1 comment:

I love your feedback!