Monday, November 8, 2010

A Vintage Fabric Rosette Wreath for Thanksgiving

I was so excited about the sewn fabric rosette pin that Flannery gave me last week that immediately I taught myself how to make the rosettes and I got busy making a Thanksgiving wreath for my front door.


These sewn rosettes are made on the machine by stitching a long ruffle from 1 1/2" fabric, and then sewing them on a circle of fabric, starting along the outside and twisting and turning the rosette beneath the sewing foot until you get to the middle.


I used vintage green upholstery fabric and plain muslin for the flowers. I finished them off with vintage buttons and a few new wooden beads from my stash that I had purchased to make these vintage button necklaces.


I purchased the grapevine wreath from Michael's for $3.99, and the two ribbons I used were on sale in the $1 bin.


Welcome to my home! And Happy Thanksgiving!

This post is a part of the following link parties:

Making the World Cuter Monday
Market Yourself Monday with Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Just Something I Whipped Up at the Girl Creative
Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou
Mad in Crafts' Mad Skills Party

2 comments:

I love your feedback!