Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Quilted Potholders and Mug Rugs

I am super excited to share these Christmas Quilted Potholders and Mug Rugs that I made last week!


I have been crafting for Christmas like CRAZY and I even lie in bed at night, thinking about my next project. Something has really clicked for me with sewing in the last few months and I am really enjoying my moments at the machine.

Anyhow, remember these Scrappy Quilted Potholders that I posted about last week?


I followed a tutorial that I found over at Texas Freckles. But, the whole potholder sewing frenzy started when I was looking at the potholders that my friend Stephanie over at Built to Last had made for me. Here they are:


I couldn't really find a tutorial that I liked, so I just looked at hers and whipped up my own version!


I used the crazy zig-zag on the back that I learned from the crazy potholders tutorial.


They were so much fun that I made another pair a few days later!


They are made with two layers of Insul-brite on the inside.


After that I had some small pieces of Insul-brite left over, so I made two Scrappy Quilted Mug Rugs!


How cute is this?


I think the little Santa peeking out from the middle with his gifts is SO SWEET!


If you have been keeping up with me this month, you have seen a lot of this Christmas fabric that I have been using for my projects. I only bought a yard of each, and I have made:

1 Shabby Ruffle Holiday Wreath
2 Crazy Scrappy Quilted Christmas Potholders
4 Traditional Quilted Christmas Potholders
1 Christmas Headband
14 Christmas Rosette Pins
2 Quilted Mug Rugs
5 Mini Rosette Christmas Stockings (will share later in the week)

I'd say that was a pretty good use of all of that fabric!


What have you been working on? Don't forget to share with me tomorrow for Tell Me Tuesday!

This post is a part of the following link parties:

The Girl Creative

Making

mmm button



Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Talent Tuesday at Vintage Wanna Bee

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love your mix of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! These are on my to-do list!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alison, so cute project and can be done with little remaining pieces... truly cute and inspiring to make...
    Wish you a very Happy Christmas …
    I would love if you come to visit me at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!