Friday, September 10, 2010

A Little Friday Love for My Vintage Stuffed Toys

I have a few old stuffed toys that I think are really sweet. Actually, I don;t have them, my daughter Ella who is 2 years old does. (Gifts from Grandpa).


The newest one is this cute curly-headed doll holding a flower. She reminds me of some stuffed cats that my Mom made when I was little--I think the fabric was pre-printed with the cats, and all Mom had to do was cut out the back and the front and sew them together. This doll looks like that. I can't guess the age--maybe 40s? The best part about her is how vibrant her colors are.


When Ella was just a baby she received this stuffed chicken--poor chick had kept her comb and beak on for 50+ years, only to lose them within a week of being handled by a drooly baby. Oh well--such is life, right? I love the hand embroidery on this chick.


Here is my favorite--the little sheep. His expression is so neat--like he's on the sly. I also appreciate the method for his wool--it looks intricate and complicated. It seems as though he was well-loved in his time. Maybe that expression is saying "I'm real, you know." Like in the Velveteen Rabbit, my favorite children's book by Marjorie Williams.


I guess they make a sort of motley crew together, here on my most-favorite vintage blue step stool. Keep a look out for an upcoming "A Little Love Friday" post about my vintage stools!


Happy Friday!

This post is a part of:





Follow Along Fridays


Photobucket

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our blog hop over at Sassy Sites! There are some amazing blogs out there, and you are definitely one of them! I'm a follower of yours too! Happy Friday! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamby is so cute. He sort of looks like an old chenille bedspread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and the story behind your name! Very cool!
    I'm your newest follower from one of the Friday Hops!!

    I'm off to look at more of your post!

    Stop on Over!!!
    Susieqtpies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, this is great as you want to learn more, I invite to This is my page. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. For true fans of this thread I will address is a free online! toyhq.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!