Thursday, January 13, 2011

200 Followers and Blog Awards!

Vintage Pollyanna hit 200 followers today!!!! Gosh, that AND 23" of snow? What could be better! Thanks so much to all of my followers for supporting me, and taking this journey with me. I appreciate each and every one of you!


Speaking of appreciation, I need to say thank you t the ladies over at Three Sisterz for awarding me the Inspiring Blogger Award!



Talk about inspiring--it was way back in November of 2009 that I met Flannery, one of the Three Sisterz, (who was also my neighbor at the time) and we began to chat about Three Sisterz and their business. Over the course of a few weeks I helped her and her sisterz with a new blog design and some thoughts about marketing and promotion and BAM! Look at them now! If you love fresh and sweet children's clothing with a classic twist you must RUSH over there now and see what they are up to.

Oh, and they have the most adorable Vintage Valentine's onesies in their Etsy store right now:



S.W.O.O.N.!!!

So, as recipient of the Inspiring Blogger Award, I need to pay it forward and pass this on to three bloggers that I feel deserve the same recognition!

First and foremost I must pass the award on to Katie at Eye Spy D.I.Y.


Though fairly new to blogland, Katie's blog is chock full of fun and quirky tutes that I just rave over. I was lucky to find Katie when she began posting in the Vintage Pollyanna Tell Me Tuesday Link Party. (Have you entered yet? Come on, what are you waiting for?) Go Visit Katie--she just posted a fabulous check book cover tute!

Next up, I must pass this award on to Stephanie at Built to Last.


I know I have mentioned her before, but I have been reading her blog since I began my personal blog, Under A Shady Tree 3 and a half years ago. I have followed Stephanie for the last three years and I consider her a true Bloggy friend. She was really there for me, as much as one can be virtually when I lost my Mom, and her words of kindness and thoughtful gifts came at a time when I really needed them Thank you, Stephanie!

And last but not least, I give the Inspiring Blogger Award to my dear friend Alice at The Sight of Morning.


Like Stephanie's blog, I began reading Alice's in 2007 and was immediately hooked. The sentiments, the photographs, the artwork she shared, LOVELY. But more than anything, I think her writing is what I love the most.

A friend once asked me to think about the phrase "Freedom is running easy in harness" when writing. I know he meant that I have a tendency to fill my sentences with unnecessary prose, and sometimes staying on track and picking my steps purposefully so that each.word.has.impact. is important. That is the way I feel about Alice's writing. Her prose is seemingly simple, but oh so powerful. Go and see for yourself. You will enjoy her blog so much, I am sure.

So now, if I have given you this award and you feel like passing it on, please do so, with the following things kept in mind:

--Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
--Award 3 deserving Bloggers and share how they inspire you
--Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

Isn't Blogland wonderful? Community, camaraderie, shared triumphs and failures, the opportunity to make new friends, cherish old memories and dream about the future. What could be better?

Thanks for reading today!

2 comments:

  1. yeah!!! can't wait to read these new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much Allison. I'm very honored that you chose me for this award. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!