Friday, August 27, 2010

A Little Friday Love for My Vintage Girl

Isn't she beautiful? I saw her on my Mom's Ebay auction about five years ago and had to have her.


We don't know anything about her, other than that she is cast in plaster, is handpainted and is about 10 inches tall.


There are no markings on the bottom. What do you think she was for? Decoration on a dressing table? She is too small to really display a necklace.

No matter! I love her and think she is perfectly sweet. Some things are better left a mystery!

Oh, and 97 FOLLOWERS??? Are you KIDDING ME? My little blog has that many new friends? Wonderful! Welcome!

This post is a part of:





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


3 comments:

  1. i love her too how precious...congrats on gaining friends..we all need and deserve them:) enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her... I have a cocker spaniel on one of my posts that I have the same question about the age... I LOVE him and I'm figuring they are from the 50s??? I know when I was growing up I saw lots of "chalky stuff" in the 60s too... I had collected horses and had LOTS of chalky ones... She is GORGEOUS and I say that is what she was, no purpose other than to make you smile! Check out my blog and my little chalkware spaniel, he's with
    http://conghailecottage.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-grandmothers-american-limoges-tea.html
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vic, you too!

    Hi Donna! Thanks for sharing the info! I will definitely check out the link!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!