Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scrappy Fabric Hair Flowers

As I promised, today I am sharing the process I used to make these pretty fabric flowers that I made into ponytail holders and bobby pins for the female guests at Ella's Lemonade and Sunshine Social last weekend.


I had some scraps of fabric left over from my Scrappy Fabric Flag Garland. Some of it I used to decoarate the party favors, but the rest I wanted to use to make some sweet fabric flowers.



I loved the combination of fabrics, they were soft and sweet and evoked vintage (none of them are vintage.) First, I built the flowers using the method described in this tutorial.

It was pretty simple--just cut six circles from the fabric (I varied the fabrics in each of the pieces so they would be unique), fold each in quarters, run a needle with thread through the point in each folded circle, knot, fluff, and voila!


I attached them to bobby pins, sewed some to pony tail holders, and for this little sweetheart, affixed one to a wide pink ribbon. So cute!



It was such an easy project, and it made me smile every time I saw one on a guest!

This post is part of the following link parties:

BWS tips button

Photobucket



Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties




NightOwlCrafting

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden






Please go and visit these great link parties--you'll find so much inspiration!


3 comments:

  1. I looove these!

    Flannery @ Three Sisterz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that fabric is nice...how clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! A fun and quick way to spruce up a hair clip! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback!